Curvy Fitness Newsletter for February 2012
Posted February 9, 2012on:
Hey Buddy Ol’ Pal,
How’d you like to spend a few minutes with Sara Jelley??
Well you’re in luck, because its time for the newest Curvy Fitness Newsletter!
Chances are you are following up with your New Year’s Resolutions right now and going to the gym regularly, doing some yoga and being active in your life. If you’re like me, that pattern will start to slowly melt into the ground like the Wicked Witch of the West by the time March rolls around.
Well, I’ve got a few antidotes for the Spring “I’m too busy working to take care of my body” blues. Here’s whats going on with Curvy Fitness:
1. Spring Outdoor Fitness Training (SOFT – though it sounds nice, they might not be comparable to a pillow). Classes will be held at City Park, along Spring Creek and Poudre Trails, and maybe out in Lory State Park or up the canyon. I want to get you moving outside once it starts to get warmer! Starting in March, I’ll be offering at least 2 of these per month, so keep your eyes on my Meetup page to join! On my list of classes to teach: How to Use the Fitness Equipment in City Park, Safe and Productive Running Technique, and Plant-Based Training along with many group runs, bike rides and yoga classes in the park!
2. My weekly All-Levels yoga class is Changing locations! I am now teaching at The Bizarre Bazaar (254 Linden St. in Old Town Fort Collins), Tuesdays at 5:30pm! Also, check out Chandra Sally Waggoner’s wonderful Yoga for Poetic Expression class at 6pm on Monday nights at Bizarre Bazaar. We’ve both had great turnouts at this new location, which is also a very hip record/book store owned by Scott and Jane, some wonderful people new to Fort Collins! I know you’ll like it.
3. New Reference program: If you refer a family member or a friend to me for a personal training session or personal yoga class, YOU will get 25% off the price of a session for yourself. This includes private yoga classes for yourself and your friends or the price of admission to one of my upcoming Spring Outdoor Fitness classes!
4. I am working on a new logo design. I know a lot of you are artists, so send me a simple drawing or two that reflect the mission of Curvy Fitness – Lifestyle change and self-love! I will pay you in free yoga classes or personal training sessions. I still have lots of my older business cards, so let me know if you want one or fifteen.
5. Hey you! If you have taken one of my yoga or fitness classes in the past few months, I would love a testimonial to put on my website! The more the better, even if you’ve only been to one of my yoga classes!
6. Join the Meetup group! Its a great way to see all the classes I’m teaching and opportunities to meet other fitness-minded beautiful people in Fort Collins!
7. Homework: If you’ve read this far, you’re obviously interested – Thank you! Please e-mail me back telling me what times you’d be available and interested if I started a weekly yoga class in my new and improved home studio.
Links/Friends of Curvy Fitness:
The new and improved Yoga Shala website- new locations for our student-focused, donation-based yoga. Check out the exciting changes! Krista (my yoga teacher) is back for a limited time and she and the fabulous Jaena Michali will be teaching TWO yogic diet and cleansing workshops the last two saturdays in February. Visit the website to sign up early and get your spot! I’ll be there for sure.
Winter can be terrible for the flu and the mental funk. If you want a different and fresh opinion, call Earth Ayurveda Clinic. The healing and advice I got did wonders for me in the past year.
If you’re considering cutting some animal products out of your diet, even if its just one day a week, check out my friend April’s Epicurean Vegan blog for delicious and easy recipes.
The Bizarre Bazaar, a new rockin’ record-slash-book-store in Old Town, across from Cafe Ardour. Our new location for donation-based yoga.
Like my donation-based classes? Check out the Fort Collins Free School, based out of Hammertime Tool Co-op. Classes like Poetry and Tesla Physics. Or teach your own class on fly-tying for the 21st century! Or whatever you’re into.
To be on my email list and receive updates about Curvy Fitness, e-mail me at email@example.com! Feel free to forward my email anyone you think might be interested.
Thank you for reading! See you on the mat, in the park and in the studio very soon!
Proud to be Curvy and Fit (and you can be too),